Thursday 11 November 2010

Recording of the music

Yesterday, during lunch time, at Framwellgate Durham, Emily and I attended the music room A27, to re-record our music track. Alongside Philippa, James, Oliver and Jonathan we took about half an hour of practice, to just get the entire band ready to record at the best of their ability. Whilst the band practiced, I used the camera and the tripod to capture different angles of the band playing; I filmed Philippa singing at different times during the song, James playing the piano at different angles, Jonathan playing bass, an angle from the top of the neck of the bass guitar, as well as a P.O.V (Point Of View), Lastly I filmed Oliver playing drums at different intervals and different angles. I will get the recorded song from Mr. Lamb, who has the track saved on his computer, as it is his device which we've used to record the sound track of the band playing. I then went into my media lesson after lunch and uploaded the footage I captured onto the camera to my laptop to try and use the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 I have on my computer, but as it is a trial, it leaves a watermark on the footage, and to remove this, I will have to pay around £80 to buy the code to unlock the full version. This makes it harder for me to edit at home as I’d have to not only pay a lot of money, but also it takes up a lot of space on my personal computer, therefore I have decided to edit on the school network; this is because the school network has an entire separate Media Drive, which gives me a larger space to upload footage and edit videos within. The computers will be faster and much more reliable as there are many to use within the school, but I have only one laptop if I chose to use it for editing my footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment